If you are looking for the best WordPress hosting, look no further! I was recently in the market for a new hosting company that specialized in WordPress because I was really tired of hearing “Well we don’t really know much about WordPress” from the customer service/support team. I thought to myself, well isn’t WordPress the CMS for 23% of the web? Indeed it is and growing as we speak. So I set out to find the best WordPress hosting company I could find. There are quite a few good choices but, in my opinion, Site Ground is the best! Here is why:
The 5 Reasons Why Site Ground Is The Best WordPress Hosting Company
- They are faster.
- They are safer.
- They have the best support.
- They are feature rich.
- And they speak WordPress
What Makes Site Ground Fast?
Site Ground uses many of the standard methods of increasing website speed, however, their system has been optimized with WordPress in mind. They have developers that know the ins and outs of how WordPress works, what some of the framework’s flaws are and how they can help resolve some of these shortcomings. There are other hosting companies out there that only host WordPress websites, which is great, but with Site Ground you aren’t limited to only building on WordPress…not that you would want to not build with WordPress, RIGHT! Yes most of this is my opinion but as a customer myself, a WordPress developer and a analyze everything Virgo, I can say that these guys know what they are doing. Don’t believe me? Let’s look at a few numbers:
- Industry average loading time: 4,7 sec
- Site Ground time without cache: 1,7 sec
- Site Ground time with cache: 1,3 sec
- Industry average hits handled: 2852
- Without cache Site Ground can handle 3 times more: 8276
- With cache Site Ground can handle: over 230 000
What Makes Site Ground Safe?
On any platform, websites are vulnerable to attacks. WordPress core files and plugins frequently need updates to keep them protected. These updates don’t just provide new functionality updates, but they usually contain a patch to fix a vulnerability that was found within the code. These vulnerabilities are essentially holes that hackers can use to get into your website and really do some damage. Site Ground includes top-notch hack protection on every website you install. Their staff is always monitoring the latest hack/vulnerabilities released and quickly write their own patches to fix the problems. It usually takes other hosting companies 3 to 5 weeks longer to produce the same patch to protect their clients. The developers at Site Ground have their hands in WordPress code so much that I can’t think of anyone else I would want keeping my website safe. There I go again ‘Word Loving’ them to death…but it’s true!
Leaders In Providing Solutions
Most hosting providers give you a little piece of space to put your website on a server. This server is typically shared with many other websites owned by other people around the world. Site Ground took this concept just a little further by pioneering an effective account isolation technique to these shared environments so that it keeps your website isolated and protected from others. This shows that they don’t just want to be ‘another’ hosting company, they want to think outside the box and provide optimal solutions for their clients.
What Makes Site Ground’s Support The Best?
This is the part of the article that I know everyone can relate with….Customer/Technical support! We have all waited on the phone or on chat with a hosting company for longer than we care to admit, only to get ahold of someone who ‘doesn’t know WordPress’ or how to solve your issue!! Well that just isn’t the case with Site Ground.
Site Ground Picks Up Immediately
Site Ground offers 24 / 7 phone support where representatives pick up the phone immediately to help solve your issues. In a recent comparison study:
- 4 hosting providers had typical wait times over 10 minutes.
- Only 2 other providers picked up immediately.
- 90% of the hosts do not have non-US phone line.
Fast Solutions Through Chat
Their online chat service boasts a 5 minute solution.
- 2 of the tested companies have no chat support!
- Avg. wait time on chat before pick up: 10 min.
- Avg resolution: 21 min.
- Only 4 hosts solved the issue in under 10 minutes
Even Their Tickets Are Fast
Site ground claims that your first response back from a ticket submission is within 8 minutes.
- Average Industry first reply near 8 hours.
- Only 2 companies are below 1 hour.
- No other company is below 10 minutes!
Overall, Site Ground Resolves More Issues Faster!
- Only SiteGround and 4 other companies resolved all the three issues.
- Average industry resolution time: 11 hours.
- SiteGround’s average resolution time: 31 minutes.
Site Ground Is Full Of Features
Everything that we have covered so far has been very important, but my favorite thing about Site Ground is that they have some really awesome features included that can really make your techie mouth’s water! And the best part is that they are just as easy to use even when you don’t know a thing about websites. Here are a few of the WordPress Tools that knock my socks off:
- WordPress one-click install so that you can launch a site with no previous know-how or you can launch a million websites as a developer and customize each one.
- WP Auto Update allows you to set your site on auto-pilot and instantly update the WordPress core files or plugin files immediately when a new update is released.
- The WordPress Toolkit allows you to quickly automate common tasks like resetting your admin password, fixing incorrect permissions, moving or deleting a site, change its domain, and configure it to work with your private SSL certificate.
- The SuperCacher supercharges the speed of your site by storing/cashing certain files so that they don’t have to be loaded each time someone visits your website. Their system has been specifically optimized for WordPress.
- The Staging area gives you the ability to copy/clone your site and pull it down to an area where you can make edits or design changes where none of your viewers can see. Once you have it the way you want it, with a simple click of your mouse you can push your changes back up to the live version of your website and the site will be completely updated with all the changes that were made.
- SG-Git provides you with quick tools to integrate version control with your favorite/trusted Git storage service. This is a very important tool for developers!
- Cloudflare is a must have tool for getting your site up onto a content delivery network (cdn) so that your site can be displayed to your viewers at lightening fast speeds.
Site Ground Speaks WordPress
I know I can sleep well at night knowing that WordPress experts are watching over my WordPress website. Whether you are a business owner, blogger or developer you site can feel like an extension of you, therefore, making it almost feel like your baby. You want to make sure that it is being protected and cared for by people who have the know how to do so. This is the way I feel with Site Ground protecting my virtual children and I hope that it can be the solution for you too.