Here is an amazing video giving Google tips for responsive design. Whether you are a business owner or a developer, you need to be aware of the changing standards of web design, development, and SEO strategies. For the past couple of years we have heard the internet chatter on responsive design and how we should be using it. Some people listened, while others said “Yeah Yeah, Maybe Later”. If you happen to still be one of those people on the fence about it let me give you a few solid reasons why you should quickly jump on this train.
- Mobile devices are accessing the internet 60% of the time. (InMobi)
- Do you read emails on your phone or tablet? Mobile devices open 51% of emails. (Litmus)
- Mobile consumers are searching the internet first during their shopping process. Search engines make up 48% of those searches. (Google)
- Within one hour of mobile searching, 70% of people will take action. That high percentage only happens on websites that are mobile-friendly. (iAcquire)
- People only spend 40% of their social media time on a desktop computer, the other 60% is on a smartphone or tablet. (Business Insider)
If that doesn’t make you want to make your site responsive, go check out your Google Analytics and see what percentage of people are browsing mobile. If you happen to see a high bounce rate from mobile users that should tell you that your site isn’t user friendly or appealing to them at all.